My Life as a Fashion Student.

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Just A Little Update.

Hi Guys. Sorry for neglecting my blog for the past week but have been so busy and was away over the weekend so this is the first chance I've had to actually sit down at my laptop and have a little blog catch up. This blog isn't going to be about anything inparticular, just a bit about what I've been up to and a few purchases which I feel the need to share with you.

So I'm sat here in my bed because it is freezing in my house, I've been to uni and work today so been quite busy but the highlight of my day has been picking up a pair of beautiful shoes which I won on Ebay for £6.50!! What a bargain! Aren't they gorgeous?

I've been away since thursday, firstly in Newcastle for my friends 20th which was a bit stressful but had a good time (I did eat a few to many burgers though). On the 7 hour coach journey up there I attempted the MUA fluffy nails that I bought in my Superdrug Haul. Basically I found some issues with the product, you open the pot and your meant to be able to sprinkle the fluff onto your nails but this doesn't happen, you have to take the lid off and dip your wet painted nail in and it doesn't come out very even. So after all that, it only stayed looking good for about two hours. I think the light pink colour isn't very successful as it picks up any dust or dirt and you end up with grey nails! Not nice. So I don't think I'll be using this product again.

Whilst in Newcastle we had a wander and found a stall full of cheap makeup, the only thing I bought was a £1.99 mascara as I'm trying to watch the pennies and it was the best money I've spent.
This is the miracle mascara. I recently bought Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara and was disappointed, the brush leaves clumps on my lashes and gets everywhere, it also doesn't dry very quickly so if you look up or around for any reason you are left with little black lines around your eyes. Well this beauty has a plastic wand which is small but it allows you to apply it precisely and it makes your lashes look soo long. This is the best mascara I've found in ages, a good cheap version of the L'oreal Volume Million Lashes which I love but at around £12 its not something I can always afford.
Try this mascara, it's amazing!

I was also in Bedford with my boyfriend over the weekend, I had bought him a driving experience at Silverstone for his birthday which we had booked but unfortunatly it was called off because of the snow. Despite this we still had a lovely time in a 4* hotel called The Swan Hotel. It was amazing, a bit pricey but well worth it for a romantic get away, we hardly left the hotel as there was a restaurant and a spa built in. The whole building was impressive and the suite room but the highlight was the spa day. Swedish massage, relaxation, jacuzzi, it was beautiful.




I didn't want to leave!!!

Anyway that's what I've been up to and distracted me from my blog. I have a few posts lined up for the next two weeks over easter so I won't be leaving it that long between posts again.

Hope you enjoyed
X

2 comments:

  1. The hotel looks gorgeous! I especially love the pool area!

    Thanks for following me hun! I too am following you <3

    xoxo,
    Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, loving your blog xx

    ReplyDelete